Sunday, November 16, 2008

finally finished a project

I really love Christmas, but I hate giving sweaters, gift cards and cds. So, in the grand plan where I have all the time in the world and someone to make me coffee, I plan every year to make my Christmas presents. This year I found these pillows.
I love them! I thought, how great! I can think of the living room/bedroom colors of family and friends and make them special pillows. This is my second attempt. SUCCESS!!
It says to use felt, but I found this red cotton print that I really loved and the S is black felt. I made one front cover and tried to outline the letter with the sewing machine. But, I'm not skilled enough to make all the curves and corners. So I hand stitched em. And I actually think that hand stitching looks better, like maybe a little more homemade (its really uneven, but overlook that part). The whole thing (after the mess up) took me an hour and half. And it only cost $18 (with enough fabric for another 2 more pillows). Guess what you are all going to get for Christmas???

2 comments:

Andrew and Tara said...

LOVE THEM!!!! I am so excited that I have such a creative BFF that can walk me through these kinds of things! I think I am going to go to get more fabric this weekend so that I can work on the hand stiching and then finish them up on my moms sewing machine over Thanksgiving break!

Anonymous said...

it turned out really cute!