Monday, December 29, 2008

Semi-Homemade Holiday

This Christmas I was inspired by Alie, my Grandma and the need to give gifts of love and effort. Not to knock the effort shopping with the masses takes, but I felt the need for personal effort- time, frustration and pride.
Of course, after all my hard work, I forgot to take pictures of most of what I made. But here's the low down on my gifts:
1. Monogram pillows for my mother-in-law found here
2. Jumpers for Pinkie and my niece, Brookie- chocolate brown denim with a blue/green star
3. Half aprons for my sister, Grandma and Janice found at Martha Stewart.com
4. A full apron for my Aunt Kimmie, she requested- pieced together by patterns I found online
Then today, Shanna and I made headbands and ribbon belts. She saw the headbands done on the Today Show and we found the ribbon belts here. They are super cute. I will post pictures soon. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Making stuff is so much cooler isn't it. Those belts look fun, I wonder if it's worth it to make some for Saree? Hmm. I like them though..