Sunday, December 14, 2008

fancy french failure

image from Food Network.com
I've failed... not since John and I first moved in together have I made a bad meal. I believe the last one was so under done on the inside, burnt on the outside fried chicken of 2006.
I guess the Coq Au Vin I made wasn't un-edible, just un-remarkable. I'm sad.
I used a recipe from a Low Fat cookbook, is that the culprit?
I didn't have red wine, so I used Chicken Stock, is that the suspect?
I didn't have pearl onions, but regular onion I cut coarsely, are you the problem?
As I type this I now realize, what was I doing making such a fancy French meal
without the right ingredients or a true French recipe???
It was so yuck, I don't even want it for left overs and I love left overs for lunch.
I think a Frosty would cheer me up, but the ground is frozen and cars are sliding, sigh...

No comments: