Sunday, April 25, 2010

waiting...

We are waiting for baby. any moment... any day... any twinge...
I'm not good at waiting.
Pinkie arrived 12 days before schedule- partially because of castor oil and partially because of altitude induced momma stress. So now we wait for baby #2- a boy to round out our trio. Everything is ready. I've been in serious nesting mode for the last month. Each weekend has been focused on getting gear ready. I have been really sure that he would come early like Pinkie did and, given the physical stress of standing and teaching all day, I thought gravity was working in my favor. Not so much. The due date is May 11.
I think I will go insane if I make it to May 11.
This weekend we tried all the natural labor progression methods- it seems kind of like tricking your body into giving you what you want- A BABY! I've eaten a whole pineapple, drank copious amounts of Rasberry Leaf Tea, had spicy food (and heartburn) for 3 days straight, walked my neighborhood and (gulp) drank castor oil.
...
I'm still pregnant
...
Here are my 2 favorite pieces of baby gear so far. Both happen to be waiting in my mini-van for his arrival. Pinkie has been using the car seat to store toys and the blanket to warm her in the chilly mornings. They have other purposes!!! I want the baby to be their purpose!!!
Car Seat Cover- I ordered custom from this shop on Etsy.com: TheBelovedBaby
I adore it! Pinkie's cover was a pink/green fairy tail pattern that just wouldn't suit my little man. The shipping was fast and the quality is outstanding!!!
Quilt- My favorite friend, Tara from the LynchDuo, handmade this quilt for our baby! Can you believe she started sewing like a year ago? She has major talent. I love all the fabrics and its modern yet heirloom feel. I can't wait to wrap him in and snuggle, tuck it around little arms and legs. So, I'm grateful to be pregnant. I will be happy whenever this baby comes. I'd just like to send a little prayer up above- We are ready, we already love him, thank you for him and please let it be soon!!!

2 comments:

McDorky said...

Any day now! Seems like yesterday we were talking about "trying" at book club. Maybe a bit more "trying" will help move him along - that's what got my first godson going!

Love the carseat cover! I love gender-specific carseats but the practical side of me thinks gender-neutral is a better investment... The etsy link you posted solved the problem! If the 2nd is a different gender - just get a cover. Brilliant!

Can't wait to see the pictures and will pray for health for you and baby John in the next weeks :)

Andrew & Tara said...

You still haven't had your baby and I still haven't moved into my house :(