Tuesday, April 27, 2010

i heart sewing

Headline:
The cutest girl in the world learns to put makeup on at The Children's Museum!
In other news, I finished my first Amy Butler project tonight. I bought the fabulous book, Little Stitches for Little Ones, and the origami type swaddling blanket was my first project. Above you can see that baby boy has not arrived so a stuffed dog played swaddle model. It is a basic square with ivory fleece on the inside and a cute pattern on the back. It has a hood and ties. I spent a lot of time reading the pattern because there were not as many illustrations as I like, but it oh so paid off! I can't wait to use this. It is snuggly and homemade- my new favorite combination. And... I only messed up once on the hood :)

1 comment:

McDorky said...

I love it! You should have an etsy shop! When we finally have a little one, I am going to pay you to make all these cute things for my little one!