Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Spring Skirt...

My seester, Shanna, went to Africa with her Nursing School Program late last year. She brought me back this awesome fabric (because she's awesome and knows one day I'd like to be an awesome seamstress). I've been saving it for the 'perfect' project so as not to waste beautiful fabric that had traveled so far.
During craft night with the PsychMom I decided to make a skirt using a pattern of hers. It is a pretty simple pattern and A-line skirt once you tackle the zipper part. I love that it is 'teacher' long, a little high on the tummy to make you look smooth and it is lined so no slip necessary. Hooray!

1 comment:

Alie said...

I've been waiting for this picture, it turned out perfect. Next time we'll have to stock up on longer zippers. It was fun hanging out.