Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break Awesomeness

One of my major excitements about Spring Break was that I get to sew again, make some cool crafts and just be creative (not writing papers or lesson plans).
My first project was a smock that I make Pinkie. Her favorite past time is 'tay-dough' and I'm tired of picking neon pink out of her clothes. I found this tutorial here. I have a ton of this white with blue polka dot and blue with white polka dot fabric. So, I made Pinkie a dress (minus the long sleeve underneath). I'm so excited to see her wearing dresses and bows. I am so proud because I MADE MY OWN PATTERN. Really, I am a new-bee seamstress so I just kept sketching and measuring. Next on my list is this. ***Update: yesterday we had 12 made it to the potty and only 3 misses!!! Hooray for toddlers who like the potty!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashley I am so proud of you. I've never attempted a dress with two sections. It's very cute and you did a great job. I really want to get together this week. I have Thursday off, we should get together. I love it!

p.s. I'm so envious of your potty trained girl. Next you can come to my house and work on Saree