Tuesday, July 21, 2009

a tale of true love

During our trip to WI, we met our new niece Katelyn for the first time. She's 4 months already!
She's a happy, happy baby.
And Pinkie fell in love.
Here's how you know a toddler is in love:
*** Pinkie rubbing Katelyn's back
***explaining the intricacies of Barney and BabyBop
(I still don't get those two dinos) ***sharing a beloved blankey, 'snug as a bug in a rug' ***begging to kiss Baby Kate-win
(at least Baby Kate is still happy about a toddler
tickling her with clumsy hands and jelly kisses all over)
***kissing and holding Baby Kate all the time I think Pinkie needs a sibling?
Now that we are home, Pinkie tells me all the time that Baby Kate is hungry, Baby Kate is crying, she wants to kiss Baby Kate. I try to explain that Baby Katelyn lives in WI (really far away) and that Auntie Stacey is feeding her, hugging her and kissing her. We're not communicating clearly about this...
I think I want Pinkie to have a sibling too!

2 comments:

Andrew & Tara said...

Sure signs that she will be a great big sister! (and needs to be one soon!) p.s. I am e-mailing you pictures today

Anonymous said...

I think she needs one too!! I miss you and love you! Lets set a date to hangout soon. xoxo Abby

PS. I can't believe how big she is getting, precious :)