Sunday, May 17, 2009

Update on US...

Life has been consumed with me- my teaching, my school work, my graduation, my obsessive house cleaning needs... but, on May 23rd (Tovey's Birthday, too!) I will graduate with my Master of Arts in Teaching. Just for the extra dig to my seester, I have a 4.0GPA and she doesn't. Pinkie and I really needed a vacation. The daily grind of drop off at 7:10am, pick up at 4:30pm, dinner, bath and bed was getting to our love and adoration of each other. So, when a free ticket was presented, we jumped. Friday afternoon we flew to San Diego to visit my seester and her handsome man. We flew back Sunday, essentially spending less than 36 hours in their wonderful, fashion filled world.
This trip immediately called for a trip to the beach. It is San Diego after all. FYI: the Zoo was too big of a commitment when you have so little time. It was overcast on and off, but that doesn't keep San Diego-ers away. This is Shanna's cute man's sister, Ami. Ami is my new idol- she shops fabulously, she talks blatantly and cooks vegetarian.
Most notably, is that Ami is the impressive mother of 4 boys. Here, lucky Preston (P. Everett to some) cooks with Aaron (the handsome, handy man). These men make aprons look good, I think. Hamburgers, hot dogs and veggie burgers on the back patio- verrrry San Diego.
Me and Miss. P really missed Daddy. I am reminded of how grateful I am that there is two of us, totally committed to this child. She's a handful as we approach her 2nd birthday. So, back to teaching 4th grade, a long series of busy weekends and graduation next weekend.

2 comments:

Andrew and Tara said...

Yeah!! I'm soo glad you two got to take a mini vacation, you totally deserve it! See ya tomorrow!

Alie said...

YAY Ashley, I am so looking forward to you being done with school. Can you believe it's right around the corner?