Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Picasso

Baby J's room was sadly lacking. This time around for the nursery I was a stickler for only things I loved. None of the cartoony sillyness that plagued me with Pinkie. I pondered paint for weeks. And loved it. I pondered bedding for days. Daddy ended up winning that pick but I warmed up to it. I now have 3 pieces of artwork that I love. I'm not done with his room- there are some shelves that need some love soon.
My friend, Anna, sent Baby J this Monogram photo set. The 'J' is her husband's cowboy boot. The 'S' is the S from the SMU sign. That's where Anna and I met and spent some good times. We've been friends for like 6+ years now with her in Dallas/Austin/Center Texas and me in Oregon. And the 'D' is from their honeymoon hotel door. They happened to honeymoon in Kauai, HI where Daddy and I got married. Can you see all the sentiment? I adore it. I am obsessed with the website Prudent Baby. I've done many of their tutorials and they are simple and well illustrated. I found this tutorial a few weeks ago and pondered whether I could do it. I used to be really into Watercolor painting so I had the supplies and thought why not? I don't think mine are near as good as PB's, but I think they are pretty cute for his nursery. Pardon the poor pictures. How does one take pictures of glass without glare???
Our house is feeling pretty fresh lately. We got new carpet- it's khaki-ish and long n shaggy (called frise). New curtains in Pinkie's room and downstairs and I just mop my heart out with my Shark steam cleaner.

2 comments:

McDorky said...

LOVE the watercolors! So cute! Good job, Momma!

Anna said...

Very good job on the watercolor. I forgot you used to do that. Glad you found a good spot for his initials. :)